As we usher in 2024, we reflect on a busy and exciting 2023 at OPTA. We are grateful you have been part of our journey and wish you a prosperous and successful 2024.
Here's to a year of growth and success ahead!
A Year of Recognition and Opportunities
· Prestigious Honor: We're thrilled to announce that ICC honored us with the 2023 W. Scott Copp Leadership Award at our recent Fall Conference.
· Join or Get More Involved: Ready to make a bigger impact? Join us or step up your involvement. It's simple: Become a Member or Volunteer
Empowering Through Education and Networking
We would like to continue the education and promotion of Permit Technicians in Oregon. We will accomplish this through our educational classes, promoting Building Safety, Day of Service, and partnering with other ICC Chapters. If this is something that interests you, please volunteer your time for one of our committees by selecting that box on your application or email us directly.
· Permit Technician Test Prep: Kick start the year with our class on January 20th in Cottage Grove. Register Here
· Spring Conference in Bend: Mark your calendars for May! Three days of diverse classes await, including Residential Inspections and Commercial Tenant Improvements. Dates to be announced soon.
· Virtual Learning: Stay tuned for accessible online training sessions. Let us know what topics you are interested in.
· Fall Annual Business Meeting: Join us in Salem this November for our ABM and Fall Conference in partnership with Chemeketa Community College. We'll celebrate our scholarship recipients and the Permit Technician of the Year. Dates will be announced within the next few months.
· Day of Service: We are looking to schedule a working day with a local Habitat for Humanity. Date will be announced when available for sign-ups.
· Building Safety Month: May 2024 – Details to follow.
Perks of Membership
Do you, your department, or a coworker have kudos to share? We would love to help you spread the good word! Send us an email and we will share on our website, FaceBook, and LinkedIn.
Got questions or ideas? We're just an email away: info@OregonPermitTechs.com.
On behalf of the entire Board, thank you for making OPTA a part of your professional journey. Together, let's build a safer and more educated Oregon.
Serena Locke, Jackson County, President
Regan Trapp, City of Ashland, President-Elect
Melany Klemmer, City of Cottage Grove, Treasurer
Cailin Tang, NW Code Professionals, Secretary
Michele Van Grieken, City of Springfield, Past-President
DIRECTORS AT LARGE:
Alyssa Nichols, City of Woodburn
Angela Keppler, City of Creswell
Devon Linebaugh, Josephine County
Katherine Denight, BCD
Heather Burkhart, Jackson County